Monday, August 3, 2009

The First Hallowed Tomato!!!!

The enormous cherry tomato plant is hovering at 6 feet! WOWZERS.

Here is my picking recruits. They are hot today.


Today I picked our 1st Early Girl tomato. Now it probably could have been on 1 day or so longer but who can wait!!! We picked Sugar Snap Peas, Green Beans, Green Bell Peppers, Banana Peppers, and a Cucumber and more Broccoli, along with some more Zucchini. What a day. I need to soak the Broccoli in salt water to get rid of the cutworms that seem to be relentless. I heard that is supposed to work. I am going to soak for about 1/2 hour to make sure they are gone and then blanch them.
I made an awesome zucchini lasagna last night for supper using my swiss chard, zucchini, tomatoes all fresh basil and parsley, and oregano. It sure was good. Look for it on Allrecipies.com
Now off to freeze the veggies.


No comments: