Sunday, August 9, 2009

"Mock" Apple (Zucchini) Cobbler

I survived the rummage sale. We did have rain but for the most part we all did pretty well. Before we had the rummage sale I needed to pick the garden since I would be too busy over the weekend. I picked Thursday this week and ended up with 2 buckets of beans and a bucket of sugar snap peas and cherry tomatoes and lots of zucchini.
I remembered that my SIL gave me a recipe for Mock Apple Cobbler made with 8 cups of zucchini. It really tastes like apple and the kids don't have a clue! (and you can use up some zucchini) Seriously it is so good I had to make 2 right away and I brought 1 to the rummage sale for family and friends to eat. No one knew any better. (until I told them)
Here is the recipe:

"Mock" Apple Cobbler preheat oven to 350

Filling:
8 C of Zucchini peeled and sliced
3/4 C of lemon juice
Cook lemon juice and zucchini in large pan that you can cover until zucchini is tender about 15 min or so.
1 C Sugar
1 tsp. of Cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
Mix altogether in pan.
Do not drain liquid off at all.
Cool. ( I put my whole pan in the refrigerator)

Crust and Topping:
4 C Flour
1 C Brown Sugar
1/2 C Sugar
3 Sticks of Butter softened

Mix until crumbly.


In a 9x13" pan put half of crust mixture in bottom of pan; press together lightly to form a crust on the bottom. When zucchini is cooled dump in and spread evenly. Crumble remaining crust mixture on top.

Bake at 350 for 1 Hour

Let me know what you think!!!


No comments: