Friday, July 24, 2009

Our first Red Potatoes and Zucchini Squash

Our first attempt at ever planting potatoes and look what we have. We ate these scrumptious delectables for dinner last night and I left 4 out and the kids were licking the bowl; "more potatoes Mom please." I should have made them all.
I was a little nervous to dig them yet but Joe wanted to try, and I am glad he did. They were the perfect size. It seemed like digging for treasure, very fun. Although, Joe was much better at digging them than me. Then we packed up the mounds and wait for more. We really only dug in 1 mound so far.

Tonight we am going to deep fry zucchini. YUM! I am going to use Italian seasoned breadcrumbs with garlic and Parmesan cheese. Dip in flour and egg then the crumb mixture. Fry until they float. I will let you how they turn out. Nothing like going to the garden and getting stuff for dinner.


Have a great weekend everyone. Next project, clean up my scrap mess and get ready for a rummage-o-ramma sale with my SIL.

No comments: