Tuesday, October 6, 2009

new goals- and what I did today

For those of you that know me you know I have been trying to lose weight for what feels like forever. I want to post or journal about my journey and have been meaning too for a long time. Well today is the day. I lost around 30 pounds last year in 08' and want to continue to lose. I was at a stand still or wasn't trying hard anymore and was in a rut came spring/summer of 09'. Does anyone just get sick of tracking points or calories or running all the time to workout? I know I do. But I also know I need to. A few pounds crept back on and the workouts seemed to lack. All that work I did and I didn't want to go back. I became a member for the YMCA in Feb. of 09'. I noticed in the latest session that there was a class called Funky Weigh Down or FWD as we call it in class. It was designed to help you lose weight by teaching and talking and giving you the tools needed to succeed. You are supposed to lose around 10 lbs. in 7 weeks. So I signed up. Now I also do a class also called Funky Fusion. I feel for me it is high intensity meant to burn 600-800 calories per class that is roughly an hour long. Our wonderful teacher Stacy Summers teaches all the "Funky" classes at the Y. I just admire the shape she is in for having 4 children and her positivity she brings to her workouts and to FWD class. I also admire her shape. She also introduced me to Fava Tea which is helping with my evening snack cravings. I love to snack after my kids go to bed. It is my time to unwind and de-stress from the day. But it wasn't helping my jean size. I get the herbal and Rooibas teas. They are great. I suggest you give them a try.

We are starting week 5 and I am down 4lbs. I am working out 3 times a week for an hour and I am dripping with sweat after. That is a requirement. I feel better; although some of my joints are complaining a little. I am on the arc trainer for around 30 min and then I do my 45 min Zumba class on M & W. On Fri. I do Funky Fusion for an hour then FWD. We get weighed in every Friday at FWD. I will let you know how I do this Friday. My goal is to be down another 40-50 lbs. I know I can do it.

Check out Stacy's Blog at the right Spoonful Living.. Dig into Life for more information on Funky Fusion and Funky Weigh Down.

Today I finished up my garden tomatoes!!! Finally!!!! I canned 13 more quarts of crushed tomatoes. Yes, 13 quarts. I am NUTS. But we picked them all right before we had frost and they all turned ripe. But the tomatoes are done. Finished. I am not doing anymore. I pulled out my plants yesterday actually the whole garden is pulled out and in a big pile in the middle. I told Joe to burn it. It is actually good for the soil to have ashes in it. It provides some nutrients, I forget which ones. It was supposed to rain all day today and part of tomorrow so I wanted to get it done before it was too muddy. Also it is only supposed to be a high in the 40's by the end of the week. So we are done gardening for the year. I am a bit sad too. But now I get to sew and scrap and get ready for the holidays. Time to do something different.

Enough on my ranting.
Have a good one!
Shellie

No comments: